In twenty years you’ll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can’t grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked. Mary Schmich
This is me – the girl behind the lens – in front of the lens. And that gorgeous guy by my side is the man I’ve been married to for the past 20 years. We have 3 loopy children (and a Spoodle called Noodle) who work together to make our life completely crazy. They make us laugh, they make us cry but, oh, how we love them.
When my journey into photography began, I never imagined the role my children would play (let alone dear old Noodle). I was travelling the world, life was an adventure, children were the last thing on my mind. In a pawn shop in Seattle, I bought my first SLR camera – a 35mm Pentax K1000 with a 50mm lens. But it was the birth of my children a few years later that turned my hobby into a passion. I realised how important a photograph could be, how much meaning it could have.
People say they love the simplicity, the purity of my images. They love the way I can take a moment in time and turn it into a story. The key, I’ve found, is to be real. To be authentic. To be brave. Real life doesn’t happen in a studio when you’re telling people to smile. It happens when you least expect it.
I am located in Canberra, but I love to travel. Give me a call on 0431 481 181, or email at email@example.com
- 2014 Epson AIPP ACT Family Photographer of the Year – Finalist
- 2013 Canon AIPP AUSTRALIAN Professional Family Photographer of the Year.
- 2013 AIPP ACT Family Photographer of the YEAR
- 2013 AIPP NSW/ACT Awards – 2 GOLD WITH DISTINICTION, and 3 Silver in the Family Category.
- 2012 APPAs Awards – 1 Gold, and 2 Silvers in the Family Category.
- 2012 AIPP NSW/ACT Awards – 5 Silvers in the Family Category.
- 2011 APPAs Awards – 1 Silver with distinction in Family Category.
- 2011 APPAs Awards – 2 Silvers in Family Category.
- 2011 Shortlisted for Head On Photographic Prize.
- 2011 Nominated for Capture Magazines “Australia’s Top Photographer” – Portraits.
- 2011 AIPP NSW/ACT Awards – 3 Silvers in the Portrait Category.
- 2011 AIPP NSW/ACT Awards – 1 Silver in the Family Category.
- 2010 AIPP – NSW/ACT Awards – 1 Silver in the Portrait Category.