I’ve been thinking long and hard about just how I can help.
Personal donations have been made, but there must be more that I can do.
Business has not yet returned back to normal with me here in Canberra, and probably won’t go back to normal until the Air Quality Index has dropped back down to safe levels, and I can safely take my beautiful families outside into the bush once again to photograph their memories.
It’s been so heartbreaking to see the destruction. There are concerns that entire species of plants and animals have been wiped out by the bushfires, with an estimated 1/2 a billion native animals lost to the bush fires already this fire season, and we are only one month into Summer.
The harrowing scenes of kangaroos fleeing walls of fire, charred bodies of koalas and cockatoos falling from trees, have been horrifying.
Koalas have been among the hardest hit of Australia’s native animals because they are slow moving and only eat leaves from the eucalyptus tree, which are filled with oil, making them highly flammable. Up to 8000 — a third of the entire koala population of the NSW mid-north coast — are believed to have been killed since September, when the fires started.
So here’s how you can help, and enter my competition at the same time.
I have identified some amazing charities that are doing wonderful things to support our injured wild life, and desperately need our help.
- WIRES (NSW Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Service) are accepting donations to help their efforts in supporting displaced and injured wildlife affected by the NSW fires. You can donate to WIRES HERE
- The Rescue Collective in conjunction with Animal Rescue Freecycle and Support, is collecting donations on behalf of smaller rescues to help badly burned wildlife who have been impacted by the bushfires. You can donate HERE
- The Port Macquarie Koala Hospital – The Port Macquarie Koala Hospital is accepting donations to develop and build watering stations for thirsty koalas. You can donate HERE
How do you Enter?
You must complete both these steps:
- Make a donation to any one of the above charities I have nominated. No matter how big or small. This competition is about giving. Proof of donation can be sent to my email (posted below), and I will take that email as your entry. In that same email, I would love to also hear, exactly how you have shared (ie, via instagram, facebook etc). I don’t care how much you donate, this is just solely about giving. I really want to be able to tally up the donations at the end of this competition. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to hearing from you. If you don’t email me, I will take it that you haven’t entered.
- I don’t have the biggest social media following, so I am going to rely on you sharing this with friends or family. Please can you share this far and wide. On Facebook or Instagram, or anywhere else you can.
That’s it. It’s very easy.
Please feel free to ask me any questions through my socials or via email.
What will you Win?
A Full Photography Session with me to the value of $2000.00.
a) a 1.5 hour Family Photography Session
b) Downloadable online link to all images in full resolution
c) either a beautifully framed wall art designed especially for you OR a Linen bound Image box containing 20 of your favourite matted images.
Who am I?
One of Australia’s leading family photographers. Not only have I won the AIPP’s ACT Family Photographer of the year, I have also been very humbled in winning the AIPP’s AUSTRALIAN Family Photographer of the year. Add that to a swag of other AIPP awards, I have also been a finalist in the prestigious Head On Photography Awards. Now an AIPP Master of photography, I have also been fortunate enough to photograph many high profile families, I have been asked to speak at some major industry photography events, run workshops and been interviewed for multiple publications including The Canberra Times.
So who can Enter?
Anyone. Keep in mind, that I am a Canberra Based photographer. But hey, if you are happy to pay for my out of pocket expenses for me to get to you, I’ll go anywhere.
You can only enter ONCE.
When will it be Drawn?
Tuesday the 21st of January 2020 at 5pm
If you know someone that has been devastated by the fires, feel free to donate the prize to them. I would love to make new memories for those that have lost everything.
Terms and conditions –
This competition cannot replace a current booking.
This competition is not redeemable for cash.
Travel expenses may apply if the photoshoot is 30mins drive or longer outside of Canberra. I charge out of pocket expenses only.
This prize is available for use up to the 21st of January 2022. If the photoshoot has not been undertaken within this time frame, it will expire without extension.